Hello! My name is Vandana Suthar. I obtained my BA in Education from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and my MA in Curriculum and Instruction from Lewis University. I have an ESL and Reading Endorsement. I am currently obtaining another MA in Literacy. I have been teaching for 12 years. During my time at Haugan I have taught kindergarten, first grade and second grade. I currently teach the gifted second grade classroom.
I will be posting and updating resources on our school website. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
My office hours during the school closures are Monday-Friday 11:00am-3:00pm. Please email me with any questions.
- Set up your child's CPS Google email. An email was sent to parents. If you need me to resend the information please reach out to me ASAP.
- Set up your Google Classroom. You must sign into your child's email first. I sent an invitation to Google Classroom with the class code. I will be using Google Classroom for Math (mostly), Reading, Social Studies, and Science assignments.
- Sign into Clever.com using your CPS email. You will find the weekly story and a PDF of the Reader's Notebook Pages. When you complete a PDF you can take a picture of it and upload it to the Google Drive Folder for now.
- Please use the tab for Videos and Audio (on the left) to view my weekly lessons that will connect to the weekly story. I will also be posting the videos in Google Classroom with assignments.
- Assignments will also be posted under the subjects below.